Friday, March 8, 2013

Cheesy Broccoli Orzo


I've already confessed my love of Pinterest.



I pinned this recipe.


I made this recipe.


We all liked this recipe.


I will make it again!


Success.

Cheesy Broccoli Orzo
Adapted from Iowa Girl Eats

1 T butter
1 shallot, minced
1 cup orzo (I used a mixture of whole wheat and regular orzo)
2 cups chicken stock
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 1/2 cups broccoli florets (I used frozen; about 1/2 of a 12 oz. package)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup milk

In a medium sauce pan, melt the butter and saute the shallot over medium heat for about 5 minutes, until soft.  Add the orzo and stir it, coating it in the butter and toasting it for just a minute.  Add the stock, salt, pepper and broccoli.  Stir and bring to a simmer.  Cook over low heat, simmering uncovered until the orzo is cooked and the stock is absorbed.  Stir in the cheese and milk.  Let it sit for about 5 minutes before serving.

No comments: