Monday, August 19, 2013

Butterscotch Zucchini Bread

I made this bread a few weeks ago.  We liked it, so I'm sharing it with you.

This is how I cut bread.  Is there a problem?
And now I need to tell you that our big girl started kindergarten last week.  It is only half day, but it is every day, and it is still kindergarten.


It is bittersweet.

I am happy and sad.


And I'd like to publicly apologize to all the parents I scoffed at (when I was young and stupid, i.e., before I became a parent myself) who were emotional because their child went to kindergarten.


I was sure I would never be that parent.  You know, the overly-attached, enmeshed parent.


And here I am.  Crying because my little girl went to kindergarten.


I mean, where did the last five years go?


I'll stop.

Have some zucchini bread.  It's good because you can't taste the zucchini.  You know it's true.


And put some butterscotch pudding mix in it.  Because we all  know by now that pudding mix makes everything better.

Butterscotch Zucchini Bread

1/2 cup canola oil
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup sugar
1 cup grated zucchini
1 cup flour
1/2 cup oats (either quick-cook or regular; not instant)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
3 oz. package butterscotch pudding

In a large bowl, whisk together the oil, eggs, vanilla and sugar.  Add the remaining ingredients and whisk (or stir) together until combined.  Pour into a greased loaf pan (I used a 9x5 pan).  Bake in a 350 degree oven for 55-65 minutes or until a knife inserted comes out clean.

No comments: