Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Bruschetta Chicken with Angel Hair Pasta

This recipe is linked to the Weekend Potluck!

Remember my big long dramatic story from Monday about water and near-death experiences?


Me too.  But that's beside the point.  Because the point of this post is to show you what I did with the bruschetta besides put it on garlic-toasted baguettes.


I tossed it with angel hair pasta and put a perfectly-grilled piece of chicken on top.


It is summer in a bowl, my friends.


My husband loved.  For goodness' sake, I loved it.

And it kept us from eating an entire baguette with the bruschetta.


It was perfectly light, fresh and delicious.  I don't normally love un-cooked tomato sauces, but I loved this one.


I don't normally consider myself "alternative," but this dish is a perfect alternative to merely eating the bruschetta on toast.  That's all I'm sayin'.

Bruschetta Chicken with Angel Hair Pasta


12 oz. angel hair pasta, cooked until al dente (about 5 minutes)
4 chicken breast cutlets (about 5 oz. each)
Olive oil, for chicken
Salt, pepper and garlic powder for seasoning chicken
1 recipe bruschetta

Sprinkle the chicken with olive oil on both sides then season with the salt, pepper and garlic powder.  Grill until no longer pink.

Gently toss the pasta with the bruschetta.  To serve, make a nest of pasta with the bruschetta sauce in a pasta bowl.  Top with a piece of chicken.  Add one spoonful of sauce on top of the chicken.

2 comments:

Sweet Georgia Sweet said...

Okay, I have to know. What is the difference between bruschetta and bruchetta? This looks like a recipe I would really enjoy. I like that you can make it into a full meal!

Elizabeth said...

Um...maybe the difference between bruchetta and bruschetta is the difference between Idaho and Italy? :)