Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Peanut Butter Granola

I like peanut butter cookies.

I like granola.

Fortunately, they like each other.


They got married.

Let me introduce you to their offspring.

Peanut Butter Granola.


Yes, yes.

Try not to eat it all with a spoon before you even bake the stuff.


As with most things, I'm not sure it actually need to be baked.

I prefer things in raw form anyway.


Cookie dough, cake batter, granola, etc.  You'll be glad to know that I draw the line at chicken.

And here's the deal.  You can make this as chewy or as crunchy as you want.

I baked it for an hour and got a wonderful chewy, yummy texture.  The longer you bake it, the crispier you'll get it.

Whatever.  Just make this stuff.

Yummy with fruit and honey Greek yogurt.


Then again, what isn't?

Peanut Butter Granola

4 T butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup honey
1 cup peanut butter
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp salt
4 cups old-fashioned oats
7 oz. bag sweetened flaked coconut

In a saucepan, combine the butter, brown sugar, honey, peanut butter, vanilla and salt.  Stir until just melted - do not allow it to boil.  Combine with the oats and the coconut.  Spread in a 9x13 baking dish and bake on 200 degrees for an hour, tossing every 15 minutes.  Bake longer if you like crispier granola.

No comments: