Tuesday, September 25, 2012

White Chocolate-Macadamia Nut Cookies

So here's the deal.  Since I apparently have nothing to do but test cookie recipes these days, here's the latest.


White chocolate macadamia nut cookies.


Like, with lots of white chocolate chips.  And a few macadamia nuts.

Because that's just how I roll.


Normally I don't like nuts in my cookies at all.

But I make an exception with these.


And my aunt brought me a huge bag of roasted macadamia nuts from Hawaii, so I guess I'll have to try these cookies again.  With Hawaiian macadamia nuts.


Yum.

If you need to serve more than two people, double the recipe.  Kidding.  Sort of.

White Chocolate-Macadamia Nut Cookies
Adapted from the recipe on the Ghiradelli's bag

1 stick butter
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts

Beat the butter and both sugars in the bowl of a mixer for a couple of minutes until creamy.  Add the egg and vanilla and beat until combined.  Add the dry ingredients and mix a couple of turns.  Add the chips and nuts and finish mixing with a spatula.  The dough will be dry and crumbly, but it will come together.  Scoop on a baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes in a 350 degree oven until done.

2 comments:

Sweet Georgia Sweet said...

I haven't made these in SO long! Looks yummy!

sandy said...

My favorite cookie!!! And it was so fun to make, and even more fun to eat!! Thank goodness I could send the 'bulk' (grin) to DC w/ my boy!! They were yummilicious!!