Saturday, December 29, 2012

Buffalo Chicken Dip


I love buffalo wings.  Who doesn't.

But they're messy.  And fried.


So here's the solution: mix together blue cheese dressing, hot wing sauce and chicken.  And bake it in the form of a dip.  And eat with crackers and celery.


This is crazy easy and so good.


And I ate it during Christmas, because it's on my "dips, cookies and candy" diet.  The diet that begins the weekend before Christmas and continues through New Year's.

Perfect.


Until I remember that I have a gym membership and have to start making actual meals again for my family.  Instead of dips, cookies and candy.

Buffalo Chicken Dip

8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup sour cream
3/4 cup Frank's hot sauce (I liked the original hot sauce better; my husband liked the buffalo sauce better)
3 cups finely chopped cooked chicken
1 cup shredded mozzarella or provolone cheese
1 cups blue cheese crumbles, divided
Pita chips, celery sticks, and Townhouse crackers, for dipping

Blend together the ingredients and top with 1/2 cup of the blue cheese crumbles.  Spread in an 8x8 baking dish and bake in a 400 degree oven for about 25-30 minutes, until bubbly.  Serve with Townhouse crackers, pita chips and celery sticks.

No comments: