Saturday, December 15, 2012

Cookie Swap & Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars

So I went to a cookie swap with my MOPS friends.


Fun, right?!?

The only rule was that you had to show up with 4 dozen cookies.

Piece of cake.  I mean cookie.


Whatever.

And since having dozens of cookies in my freezer at any given time is just how I roll, a cookie swap was a no-brainer.


I am the self-proclaimed cookie monster, after all.

But I love cookies so much that deciding which cookies to take is a big decision!


I know.  I know.

So I took these.  They're so pretty and festive and Christmasy.


I love Christmas.

And I also took these chocolate chip bars.  With melted butter in the batter, which makes for a creamy, different (in a good way) batter.  So easy.  So good.


Yum.  Gooey, rich and a chocolate chip cookie in a bar form!


Love.

Chocolate Chip Bar Cookies

12 T butter, melted
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1 whole large egg
1 egg yolk
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 cups flour
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup milk chocolate chips

Beat the butter and sugars together in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment.  Add the vanilla, egg yolk and whole egg.  Beat until combined.  Add the salt, soda, flour and chocolate chips.  Stir until just combined.  Spread batter in a greased 7x11 baking dish.  Bake in a 325 degree oven for 22-25 minutes until just set.  Cool and cut into squares.

2 comments:

Erin H said...

Simply the best recipe EVER :)

Elizabeth said...

Thanks Erin! :)