Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Mahogany Chicken

I've had a few Pinterest busts lately.  Nothing really terrible, but a few things that I just wouldn't make again.

Until last night.

This chicken.  So good.


Here's the stuff for the marinade - you probably have most (if not all) of these things in the pantry/fridge.

I had to buy the apricot preserves, and that was it.


Whisk it together.  I could've slurped the marinade through a straw.  It was amazing!

I do love fresh ginger.  There's nothing like it.


This is so easy.  Just mix the marinade, marinate the chicken as long as you can, and then bake it all together.

I reserved a little marinade to pour on the chicken before serving.


And I served it with chewy brown rice and garden-fresh asparagus.

So so good.  I can't wait to make it again.

Oh, and my kids scarfed this down.  Baby Bear included.

Mahogany Chicken
Adapted from Menu Musings

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts

Marinade:
1/4 cup apricot preserves
2 T brown sugar
1 T dijon mustard
2 T balsamic vinegar
2 T soy sauce
1 T grated fresh ginger
1 T minced garlic (about 4 cloves)

Hot cooked rice, for serving (I used brown rice)

Whisk together the marinade ingredients.  Reserve about 1/4 cup of the marinade for use later.  Marinate the chicken for at least 2 hours, overnight if you can.  Bake the chicken, in the marinade, for about 30-40 minutes until cooked through.  Spoon the reserved 1/4 cup marinade over the top of the chicken and let it sit for about 5 minutes before serving.

Serve chicken with hot cooked rice and lots of sauce.  Broccoli or asparagus is good on the side!

No comments: