Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Housekeeping

A few notes for you.

You can sign up to read Pithy's Kitchen by email.  Just look on the right side of the home page, scroll down a little bit, and enter your email address under the "Follow by Email."  After you enter your email address, you will then be prompted to confirm that you are not spam.  Once you do that, Blogger will send you an email and you will need to click on the link to once again confirm that you are not spam.

Apparently spam is a problem.

Also, right under the "Follow by Email," there is an option to "Follow with Google Friend Connect."  Your picture and Google profile (provided you have a Google profile) will appear in a little box with my other followers.

I have no idea what the difference is between "Follow by Email" and "Follow with Google Friend Connect."  Does anyone want to enlighten me?

Lastly, comments.  I like comments.  I don't get comments.  I know someone is checking my blog because I look at my stats.  I'm not ashamed to ask for feedback.  Please, people.  Don't leave me hanging here.  If you think something looks gross, don't hold back.  Leave a comment and tell me so.  And I will block you from my blog.  Just kidding!!!  Sort of.  If you think a recipe looks good, be bold and tell me so.  If you tried a recipe, by all means leave a comment.  Very few things make me happier than knowing that someone has made a recipe that I love. 

A note related to comments: if you have a request for a recipe, you can leave a comment about that too.  Aletta, Ooey Gooey Buttercake and Banana Pudding are coming soon! 

Okay, I think that's it for now.  We're having Wedge Salad tomorrow!  Yum!

Happy cooking, ya'll!

5 comments:

Esther said...

I have been enjoying your blog. I tried to send you a reply via the e-mail notification last night but don't know if you got it. It didn't come flying back at me so it may be floating somewhere in cyberspace! I signed up for the e-mail but see no place for comments. Your recipes sound delicious and I'm hoping to try some as soon as life settles down(when school is out). Keep up the good work.

Adrienne said...

I love both of your blogs, Elizabeth!! Haven't made any of your recipes yet, but they all look great. And I'm with you on the vanilla--using imitation is just unthinkable!

Elizabeth said...

Esther, thanks for reading! I didn't get your email - not sure what happened! But thanks for leaving a comment. :)

Adrienne - thank you! Glad to see I'm not the only one with a strong opinion about vanilla. :)

Kelley said...

I'm a follower, Elizabeth... and really so happy you decided to start this blog. Since the baby I have been at a cooking loss... it's like my brain won't work right... so its been great timing to have all your inspiration. And just for the record, I've loved every recipe I've tried of yours. You gave me the cilantro pesto one a while back and it is a staple in our house... love it and love the blog!

Elizabeth said...

Thanks Kelley! I'm glad you're here. :)