Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Red Salsa

I like to do red salsa with this meal because it's a totally different texture and flavor than the Black Bean Salsa. Plus, I feel like I'm eating at a cantina when I make pureed red salsa like this. I'm not sure exactly what a cantina is, but it sounds very authentic. However, if you don't want to break out your food processor, just add a chopped tomato to the Black Bean Salsa and forget the red salsa.


I know my canned tomato picture is blurry. What I don't know is why it is this way. Oh well. I'm not a photographer. I'm just trying to add a little visual interest to break up all of these paragraphs I can't stop writing.

For the red salsa, put a sweet onion (Vidalia onions are the best), a garlic clove, two cans of tomatoes (one Rotel, the other just plain diced tomatoes), salt, sugar, pepper and cilantro into a food processor and turn it on.


Let it go until everything is pureed. Taste with a tortilla chip and try not to eat the whole bowl before dinner.



I know, this picture is blurry too. Sorry. But this is the texture you're going for.

Red Salsa1 15 oz. can diced tomatoes
1 10 oz. can Rotel
1 sweet onion, quartered
1 garlic clove, peeled
1 bunch cilantro leaves, washed
Juice of 1-2 limes
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 T sugar

Put all ingredients into food processor and process until pureed. You want this to be a fine, thin texture. Cantina, remember.

No comments: