Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Banana Bread




Banana bread is not something that I plan.

It's something that just happens.

Because black bananas just happen sometimes.





I've tried a lot of banana bread recipes in my life.  And in all of my different recipes, I find that the recipes that call for oil - instead of butter - make a moister bread.


It's true.  So I just make sure to put butter on the bread while it's hot.


Oh, and I also don't believe that banana bread is meant to be cooked all the way through.  A little bit of goo in the middle is just right.

Yum.

Banana Bread

1/2 cup oil
2 eggs
1 1/4 cups sugar
1/3 cup milk
3 very ripe bananas, peeled and smashed (about 1 cup of banana puree)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon

Whisk together the oil, eggs, sugar, milk, bananas and vanilla.  Add the remaining dry ingredients and whisk until just incorporated.  Pour into a greased loaf pan and bake on 350 for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out (mostly) clean, or with a few crumbs clinging to it.

No comments: