Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Taco Soup

Hi there.

Are you there?

Sorry I've not been here.

Prepping for the bar exam is completely consuming my life.  Consuming.  My.  Life.


I'm real exciting these days.  My poor husband.

I keep telling him that his wife will be back on March 1.  And I want to see the movie about the couple who gets in a car wreck and the wife gets amnesia and then the husband has to win her all over again because she has no memory of him.  Please don't psychoanalyze why I would want to see such a movie after being in a bar exam abyss for 9 weeks.

I'm not even sure how I know about such a movie since I don't do anything but study for the bar.  And considering that we haven't been to see a movie in the theater in at least three years, I'm not sure why it's so important that we go in March.

So, anyhoo, I actually did cook the other day.


If you can call browning some meat and opening some cans cooking, then I did it.

My girls LOVED this soup.

I love my girls.

This is one of the easiest things in the world.  Brown some meat, drain it (by all means, drain it and save your family from the evils of animal fat)


throw in lots of canned beans and tomatoes




a little seasoning,


and call it a meal.


Just don't forget the cheese and sour cream.  It's essential.


And hurry, because spring is just around the corner, and then we have to stop making soup and start eating raw baby spinach and raw almonds and drinking raw milk.

I have no idea either.

See you on March 1.


Taco Soup


2 onions, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
2.25 pounds ground beef
15 oz. can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
15 oz. can light red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
15 oz. can Mexican-style tomatoes, not drained
15 oz. can diced tomatoes with green chiles, not drained
15 oz. can diced tomatoes, not drained
15 oz. can Mexi-corn, drained
2- 4 oz. cans chopped green chiles
1.25 oz package taco seasoning
1 oz. package ranch dressing mix

In a large pot, brown the beef together with the onions, bell pepper and garlic.  Stir to break up the meat while it browns.  When the meat is cooked through, drain the grease and return the pot, with the meat mixture in it, to the stove.  Add the cans of beans, tomatoes, corn, green chiles, and two seasoning packets.  Stir well and simmer for about an hour.  Serve with cheese and sour cream.

No comments: