Thursday, August 1, 2013

Pineapple Salsa

Okay, so I already showed you my jerk chicken.


Now I need to show you the pineapple salsa I made to go with it.


I love salsa!  All kinds of salsa. I actually have so many salsa recipes that I created a new category in my recipe box just for salsas.  You're welcome.


This pineapple salsa was all that I wanted it to be.  It's a basic fresh pico recipe, just using fresh pineapple instead of tomatoes.


And if you use canned pineapple instead of fresh, I will hurt you.


I also added red bell pepper.  It adds a great color, texture and flavor.  Plus, red peppers are super cheap right now.  And they're full of vitamin C!  Is that enough reasons to convince you to add the red pepper?


Okay.  Chop chop.


Stir stir.


Yum yum.

Oh and by the way, I have no idea why my pictures are such an unlovely color.  The food was lovely, it was delicious, and my pictures are just not doing it justice.

All that to say: please don't judge my food by my mediocre camera skills.

Pineapple Salsa

3 cups finely diced pineapple (about 3/4 of a fresh pineapple)
1 red bell pepper, minced
1 jalapeno, minced (I left this out for my family but I would have liked the heat)
1 bunch cilantro leaves, minced
1 red onion, minced
2 limes, juiced
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp sugar

Stir together all of the ingredients.  Serve immediately or refrigerate until serving.

No comments: