Thursday, August 29, 2013

Cheeseburger Wraps

I suppose you could say I'm on a cheeseburger kick.


By the way, if you haven't made the Basil Burgers yet, go make them.  Now.  And then come back and read this.

Those burgers are SO GOOD!


But these wraps aren't about that post.  So I'll stop talking about the best burgers of my whole life.


And I'll tell you about these cheeseburger wraps.  They were great.  My kids all loved them.


It was a super easy way to make a cheeseburger.

And I don't need to remind you for the fifty-millionth time how much I love wraps.


There's just something about eating your dinner wrapped up in a tortilla.  I love it.


These had all the great flavor of a cheeseburger with a slightly different texture...browned beef and onions instead of a grilled patty; tortilla instead of a bun.


It's a twist on a cheeseburger. Very easy and delicious.   I'll definitely be making these again.  Soon.

Cheeseburger Wraps
Adapted from Six Sisters

1 lb. ground beef (I like 80/20)
1 onion, chopped small
3 T ketsup
2 T mustard
2 T Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
5 wraps (Flat Outs are good or you can use large tortillas)
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Toppings: sliced tomato, shredded lettuce, pickles (or pickle relish)

Brown the beef and onion together, crumbling the beef, until cooked through.  Drain the grease and return the beef to the pan.  Add the ketsup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.  Combine well.

Spread the cheese evenly on the wraps.  Top with the ground beef mixture.  Top with the toppings.  Toast the wraps, seam side down, in a skillet or on a grill pan for a few minutes until the cheese is melted (I toasted mine for about 4 minutes/side and it was perfect).

No comments: