Thursday, March 8, 2012

Broccoli-Cheddar Quiche


Hey y'all.  I made this the other day.  I don't have any pictures of a slice of this quiche because it was gone as soon as I sliced it.

So you'll have to use your imagination: crust, broccoli, cheese, custard.  Yum.


My mom told me that she made this recipe up it sounded awesome.  I couldn't wait to try it.



I'm telling you, it's more awesome than I can tell you.

Huh?


My brain is a little fried.


I'm trying to act like a normal person but it's hard.  I'm sure I'll get there eventually.


Hang with me.  And in the meantime, go whip up this quiche.  It's ridiculous.

Broccoli-Cheddar Quiche

1 Pillsbury pie crust, at room temperature
7 oz. broccoli florets, steamed until tender
1 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
1 cup shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
2 cups half-and-half
4 eggs
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper

Press the pie crust into a pie plate and crimp the edges.  Lay the broccoli florets on the crust.  Cover with the cheese.

In a separate bowl, whisk together the half-and-half, eggs and salt and pepper.  Pour carefully over the cheese.

Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes.  Reduce the oven temperature to 300 degrees and bake for another 20-25 minutes, until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean or with some cheese clinging to it.

Let it sit for about 10 minutes before slicing and serving.

No comments: