Monday, March 26, 2012

Curry Chicken Salad

I've not been normal since the bar exam.


I know you wish I would stop talking about the bar.

I wish I would, too.

I just can't get my groove back.  I don't know where it went or where I should go to find it.

I have started every sentence in this post with "I."

I'm pretty sure that's a sign of something.  I'm done now.

So anyway.  My cousin had a beautiful baby girl and I made her these Curry Chicken Salad wraps.  I made them for my cousin, not her baby.

They were yummy.

Here's how I made the chicken salad:

Roast the chicken.  It's so moist and yummy that way.


Dice up the celery and the green onions.


Add some raisins, because every chicken salad needs a little sweet.

Now the dressing: mayo (low-fat is fine), mango chutney, curry powder, salt and pepper.  Whisk it together.


Stir it all up.  Delicious at room temperature or cold.  Right before you serve it, sprinkle the cashews on top.


Okay!  Here's the way I like to serve it

In a wrap.


I don't know why, but this salad wrapped up in a warmed tortilla is just perfect.

Not my original idea, but I have no problem copying Barefoot.

Go wrap some of this stuff up.  It's creamy and crunchy; spicy and sweet.  Absolutely delicious.

Curry Chicken Salad
Adapted from Barefoot Contessa


2 large split chicken breasts, bone in, skin on, roasted
2 stalks celery, diced
4 green onions, diced
1/4 cup raisins
2/3 cup mayonnaise (I use Hellman's with olive oil)
1/4 cup mango chutney (I use Major Grey's)
1 1/2 T curry powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 cup salted cashews, roasted

Remove the skin and bones from the chicken.  Roughly shred the chicken into bite-sized pieces.  Combine it with the celery, green onions and raisins.  In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, chutney, curry powder and salt and pepper.  Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to coat.  Right before serving, toss the cashews in so they don't get soggy.  Serve chilled or at room temperature.  I like to wrap it in a warmed tortilla for a chicken salad wrap!

No comments: