Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Broccoli Slaw Salad


I had this at my aunt's house on Palm Sunday.  I loved it.  I came home and made it immediately.


It's crunchy, nutty, sweet and sour.  It has Ramen in it.  I feel like a college student when I buy Ramen.


So I bought lots of Ramen.

And I toasted it with those yummy nuts.

Then I made a vinaigrette.  I love vinegar.  Especially when I'm pregnant.


Toss it up, and there you go.

Yummy broccoli slaw salad.  It's good for you!  Except for the Ramen, and who knows what that's made of.


It's better than you would even believe.

Broccoli Slaw Salad


1 package (12-16 oz.) broccoli slaw mix
1 T butter
2 (3 oz.) packages chicken-flavored Ramen noodles, noodles broken and seasoning packets reserved
5 oz. package slivered almonds (about a cup)
1 cup sunflower seeds
1 bunch green onions, chopped
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup oil

Heat the butter in a skillet.  Toss the broken Ramen noodles and the almonds in the butter and stir until toasted, about 6-8 minutes.  Set aside to cool.

Toss together the cooled noodles, almonds, sunflower seeds, broccoli slaw mix and green onions in a bowl.  In a separate bowl, whisk together the Ramen noodle seasoning packets, sugar, vinegar and oil.  About 20-30 minutes before serving, add the dressing to the salad and stir to coat.

No comments: