Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Fluffy Fruit Dip



I passed the bar exam, y'all.  What, like it's hard?  (Name that movie.)

That was on Friday.  So I celebrated with family on Friday night.  And had a wedding shower on Saturday morning.  And then celebrated again with more family on Saturday night.  And then went to a Passover Seder on Sunday night.

It was a fabulous weekend.  I'm hiding out at home trying to dig my way out from under the mound of laundry I found at my house.  Who wears all these clothes, anyway?

But I wanted to tell you about the shower.  It was wonderful, the bride is beautiful and sweet (two important qualities of a Southern girl).  We had yummy food, too!

The menu...

Broccoli-Cheddar Quiche
Quiche Lorraine
Country Ham on Butter Biscuits


Benedictine Sandwiches


Strawberries with Fluffy Fruit Dip


Party Punch (which I will be sharing soon)


Coffee (with cream and sugar, of course)

I love showers, for brides and babies alike.  Have a shower.  Or at least go make this food, because it's good enough to eat.

Fluffy Fruit Dip

8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
3 oz. box instant vanilla pudding
1 cup whole milk
8 oz. Cool Whip
Fruit, for serving

Beat together the cream cheese and powdered sugar.  Add the vanilla pudding mix.  Mix together.  Add the milk and mix well, scraping the sides of the bowl.  Fold in the Cool Whip gently, being careful to not deflate it.  Refrigerate until ready to serve.  Serve with a variety of fruit.

No comments: