Thursday, July 18, 2013

Chipotle Chicken Wraps

I've been loving wraps lately.  I try not to make them for dinner every night, but I totally could.


I saw a recipe for chipotle chicken salad on Pinterest and thought it was such a great idea!




So I made chipotle chicken salad my way and turned it into a wrap.  I was thrilled with the result, and my husband loved it too.


The chipotle pepper sauce is spicy but not hot (my husband doesn't do hot and it was good for him) and the lime juice and cilantro in chicken salad is fabulous.


And wrapped up with cheese, toasted until crisp?  Forget it.



Too good.  If Pithy's Kitchen ever becomes Pithy's Cafe, I'll put these on the menu.



Chipotle Chicken Wraps
Inspired by Simply Scratch

3 cups chopped cooked chicken (I used about 3/4 of a rotisserie chicken)
2 ribs celery, chopped
1 bunch green onions, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped fine
1/4 cup mayo
1/4 cup sour cream
2 T chipotle puree (also called chipotle salsa or adobo sauce)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
Juice of one lime
1 bunch cilantro, chopped
5-6 large flour tortillas (burrito-size)
2 cups (about 8 oz.) shredded Monterey Jack cheese (cheddar would also be good)

Place the chicken, celery, green onions and red pepper in a bowl.

Whisk together the mayo, sour cream, chipotle puree, salt, pepper, lime juice and chopped cilantro in another bowl.

Pour the sauce over the chicken and veggies and toss to combine.  You can eat this immediately or refrigerate it for a few hours first (I thought it was delicious both ways).

For the wraps, spread the cheese evenly over the center 2/3 of the tortillas.  Place a mound of the chicken salad in the middle and wrap it up like a burrito.

In a dry nonstick skillet over medium heat, place the burritos seam-side down and toast for about 5 minutes per side, until golden brown.  Slice in half and serve with salsa, guacamole or plain.

No comments: