Saturday, October 5, 2013

Crockpot Cilantro-Lime Chicken

I made this chicken weeks ago to eat on taco night.  It was so good and so easy.


I have very few pictures and I can't even come up with an excuse why I have so few pictures.

So anyway.

I just put some chicken breasts (frozen!) in my crockpot, I squeezed in some lime juice, sprinkled in chopped garlic, cumin, salt and chili powder and cooked it on high for about 4 hours (until it was super tender and shred-able).

At the end, I shredded it and tossed in some chopped cilantro.


And we made tacos with it!  Topped with the usual taco toppings, but you could do a million other things with it.  (Enchiladas, taco salad, nachos, quesadillas, etc.)

Delicious.  Easy.  Really good leftover.

It's late.  Goodnight.

Crockpot Cilantro-Lime Chicken

6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (frozen or thawed)
Juice of 3 limes
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 T cumin
1 T chili powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 bunch cilantro, chopped

Place the chicken in the crockpot.  Add the lime juice, garlic, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper.  Cover and cook on high for about 4 hours, until the chicken is very tender and shreds easily.  Shred the chicken and return it to the crockpot.  Stir in the cilantro.  Keep on warm until ready to serve.  Great on taco salad, in tacos, nachos, in enchiladas, quesadillas, etc.

No comments: