Thursday, May 31, 2012

Peanut Butter Sauce

Have you ever heard of such a title?  Peanut Butter Sauce.  Um, yes please.  Whatever it is, I'll have some.


I saw this recipe in Southern Living and I very slightly adapted it to be what I wanted it to be.  Read: I used creamy peanut butter instead of crunchy.

Just keepin' it real here in Pithy's Kitchen.


Texture is a thing with me.  Ice cream sauces must be smooth.  So smooth I made this.

We ate this on vanilla ice cream.  But I would be all for a brownie sundae with this sauce on top.  Did I even need to say that?


Oh, and if anyone tries it with the fat-free sweetened condensed milk, I would love to know about it.  I haven't had the nerve to try the fat-free stuff yet.  The regular stuff is so good; why fix it if it ain't broke.  But still, I'd like to know.

Peanut Butter Sauce
Slightly adapted from Southern Living

1 1/3 cup marshmallows (if you use the big ones, really compress them into the measuring cup to make an accurate measurement)
14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1/3 cup light corn syrup

Melt the marshmallows and sweetened condensed milk together over low heat, stirring often (the marshmallows will burn easily).  Remove from heat and stir in the peanut butter and corn syrup until combined.  Serve warm.  Stores in the refrigerator for several weeks; reheat before serving.

No comments: