Thursday, May 17, 2012

Queso Dip

I'm one step closer to creating my own Qdoba experience at home.


You know Qdoba's queso.  Please tell me you do.  It's delicious.  Creamy, a little spicy, and mostly just cheesy.


Queso is the one thing that Qdoba has on Chipotle.  Is that blasphemous to say?  I still love you best, Chipotle.


Love this stuff.  And this is pretty close to Qdoba's.


I was having a salsa attack the other day.  So I made:

Tomatillo Salsa

Black Bean Salsa

Red Salsa

Guacamole (not salsa, but close enough)

And to go with the salsa:

Cilantro-Lime Rice and

Lime Chicken

And I added this queso dip to our usual Qdoba-at-home chicken-rice-salsa meal.


Yum is really all I can say.

Now who wants to come over and help me eat Mexican?

Queso Dip
Adapted from Paula Deen

1 T butter
1/2 sweet onion, chopped fine
2 garlic cloves, grated
10 oz. can Rotel tomatoes, mostly drained
1 lb. white American cheese, grated or chopped into small pieces
1/2-3/4 cup whole milk
2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp chili powder

Melt butter in a large sauce pan.  Saute onion and garlic for about 5-7 minutes, until onion softens.  Stir in the tomatoes.  Reduce heat to low and stir in the remaining ingredients.  Stir frequently over low heat until cheese is melted and dip is creamy and smooth.  Add a little more milk if the dip seems too thick.  Remember that it will thicken as it sits.  Serve hot with tortilla chips.

No comments: