Monday, June 4, 2012

Roasted Red Pepper Hummus

I had no intention of blogging this hummus.

Can you see the awesome pink color of this hummus?
But it was so good, it left me with no choice.

I have no pictures of the process.  Which is okay with hummus, because there really is no process.

Unless you consider throwing all the ingredients into a food processor and blending until smooth a process.

I ate this with Wheat Thins and a seedless cucumber.


I bought a package of seedless cucumbers this week at Sam's.


Which means I'll be eating cucumbers all week.

Which is fine with me.  Since they are one of my favorite things in life and all.


Who knew chickpeas could taste so stinkin' good.

Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
Adapted from my Cilantro Hummus 


15.5 oz. can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
3 cloves garlic
1/3 cup tahini paste
Juice of 3 lemons
3 T olive oil
2 roasted red peppers (about 1/2 of 12 oz. jar)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper

Place all ingredients in the food processor.  Blend until combined and pureed to the consistency you like.  Serve with cucumber, Wheat Thins, pita chips and any other veggie you like.  Also good as a spread on veggie sandwiches.

No comments: