Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts

I ate them with mango salsa.  Random, I know.  Alls I can say is that there's a baby in my belly.


I'm definitely not going to sit here and tell you that Brussels sprouts are good.


Because everyone knows that they're so not.  Normally.

BUT you need to think again.  Think roasted (which keeps them from being soggy) with balsamic vinegar (which gives them tons of flavor).  And you can't be shy with the (kosher) salt, because the salt brings out their deliciousness.


My husband loves Brussels sprouts.  Random, I know.

About halfway done!
And I love them roasted.  That way, they're not slimy!  And they're so good for you.  And they're cute!  Little bitty baby cabbages.


It's a win-win.

Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts


1 lb. Brussels sprouts
2 T olive oil
3 T balsamic vinegar
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper

Trim the ends from the Brussels sprouts and discard any leaves that may fall off the outside.  Cut the larger sprouts in half and leave the smaller ones whole.

In a 9x13 dish or a sheet pan, toss the Brussels sprouts with the other ingredients.  Roast in a 425 degree oven for about 30 minutes (toss a couple of times while they roast), until the outer leaves begin to brown.  Sprinkle with a little extra kosher salt before serving.

1 comment:

sandy said...

I've made these twice, and just now commenting...Yum!! I DO love brussell sprouts, but I am very alone in my family when it comes to that!! Maybe Matthew and I should dine together :) Anyway, these are great!! And since I always have leftovers, I have snitched a few cold ones from the frige...a tasty hors d'Oeuvre!