Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Cinnamon-Sugar Roasted Almonds


Know what?

I'm due in a month.

Know what else?

I can't wait to hold my baby boy.  And nurse him.  I love nursing, which is probably why I'm one of the crazies that doesn't wean my babies the day they turn one.


Is that TMI?

I'm pregnant, and that's my excuse for the things I put into my mouth and the words that come out.

And the things that I say when I'm pregnant do not compare to the things I say while I'm in labor.

TMI again?


So I made these almonds the other day.  I had planned to take a nap while my babies napped, but I made these almonds instead.

Coat the almonds in egg white and vanilla so the sugar has something to stick to.

I have no idea why.


Because I crave PROTEIN!


And almonds are packed with protein.  So, even encased in a sugar-shell, they're good for you.


My OB would be so proud.


I'm also going to need to build a campfire soon and roast s'mores.  Just sayin'.

Cinnamon-Sugar Roasted Almonds


1 lb. raw almonds, skin on
1 egg white
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt

Whisk together the egg white and vanilla until frothy.  Toss with the almonds until almonds are coated.

Mix together the sugar, cinnamon and salt.  Toss with the almonds until sugar mixture coats almonds.

Spread on a parchment-paper-lined 10x15 baking sheet.  Bake in a 250 degree oven for about 1 1/2 hours, stirring every 15 minutes or so.  Cool completely before storing in airtight container.

No comments: