Friday, July 6, 2012

Gazpacho

Sisters.  They loved the beach.
Hi there.  I went on vacation last week and ate lots of fun food with my fun family and had a fun time swimming in the pool and playing at the beach and this week is back to reality where I exercise and eat things like this bowl of veggie goodness for lunch instead of what I ate last week for lunch while I was not exercising because next week I have to go get on the scale at my OB's office.


Reality can be such a bummer sometimes.  At least it should taste good.


Or you could just call this soup gazpacho.  What you call this stuff is your business.  As long as making this soup is part of your business, we're good.


It's totally awesome.  It's creamy without cream; really flavorful from the garlic and shallot, and totally fresh because it's made purely of fresh veggies.

It's a win-win!


It makes a nice generous portion, about two quarts I'd say.  I ate most of it for lunch.  It was so good, y'all!  How many times can I say that in one post?  Whatever.


Just go put some veggies in your food processor.

Gazpacho


2 10 oz. containers of grape tomatoes (or 2 lbs. heirloom tomatoes, cored and cut into chunks)
1 hothouse cucumber, peeled and cut into chunks
1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into chunks
1 garlic clove, peeled and smashed
1 shallot, peeled and quartered
2 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp sugar
3 T olive oil
3 T white wine vinegar
Optional: 1 cup Clamato juice (if you like a thinner consistency)

Place all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor.  Puree until smooth.  Serve chilled or at room temperature.

No comments: