Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Toffee Chip Cookies

I got braces, y'all.


Yes, I'm actually 12 years old.

No really.  It's an adventure to get braces after 30.  And I'll leave it at that.


My biggest regret: not eating a fat juicy steak before my fun little visit to the orthodontist.

But that's neither here nor there, because here are my toffee chip cookies.  I wish I had eaten a few more of these, too, before I met my orthodontist.


Since you're probably not 12 years old and you probably don't have braces, you should make these cookies.

Toffee and chocolate chips.


I mean, what's not to like.

Even 12-year-olds would like them.

As long as they're not wearing braces.

Toffee Chip Cookies

12 T cold butter (1 1/2 sticks)
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
2 1/4 cups plus 2 T flour
8 oz. package Heath milk chocolate toffee bits
1 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat together the butter and both sugars until they are combined and smooth.  Add the eggs and vanilla and incorporated.  Be sure to scrape the sides and bottom of the mixer.  Add the salt, baking soda, flour, toffee bits and chocolate chips and pulse the mixer a few times to begin to combine the dough.  Finish mixing the dough with a spatula, being careful not to overmix.  Mix just until combined.  Use a medium-sized cookie scoop (about 2 tablespoons) and place on a cookie sheet.  Bake for about 12 minutes in a 350 degree oven.  Cool slightly before transferring to wax paper to cool.

No comments: