Saturday, October 13, 2012

Barbecue Chicken Quesadillas

These days, Baby Bear and I are up at strange hours.  Like late at night and early in the morning.


Fortunately, Guy Fieri is traveling the country looking for America's greatest diners, drive-ins and dives while I'm up nursing the babe.  I'm well on my way to watching every last episode of that show...and trust me, there are a lot of episodes.


I just love Guy.  He's so funny...in such a corny way.  And corny is good.


One day (or night...they all run together), I saw someone make a barbecue chicken quesadilla.  What a great idea.


An even better idea: on the show they served it with creamy onion dip.  Like this.  Or this.  Yum.  Someday I'll have to try that.  Maybe when I have more than two brain cells that function.


So I made these for my family, and they all loved them.  Very easy and yummy.

Barbecue Chicken Quesadilla

What it took for one quesadilla:
1 large flour tortilla
1 cup shredded cooked chicken
1/4 cup barbecue sauce
1/4 cup shredded Gouda cheese
1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup thinly shredded red onion

Heat a large dry skillet over medium heat.  Toss the chicken and barbecue sauce together.  Lay the flour tortilla on the skillet and cover half of it with the chicken.  Sprinkle the cheeses and onions on top of the chicken.  Fold the other half of the tortilla over to cover the chicken and cheese.  Cook over medium-low heat until everything is heated through and cheese is melted.  You may need to flip it once while cooking to ensure even cooking.  Slice and serve immediately.

No comments: