Thursday, January 31, 2013

Chicken-Turkey Bacon Bites

It's Thursday and I haven't blogged all week.


I'm not really sure what I did this week.  Or where this week went.

Oh!  I got new wires today on my braces.  My teeth are sore now.  Aren't you glad you know that.


And I did seven loads of laundry yesterday.

It's been a super exciting week around here.


And now I'm choosing this random recipe to blog.  I made it for a Christmas party, which means I made it last month.

Sometime.

I can't even remember what I did three days ago, much last month.


But I did make this recipe!  And it's really good.  Chicken, turkey bacon, rolled in brown sugar and chili powder.  Sweet, spicy, bacon-y chicken.

In a little bite size.

You'll probably want to make these for your Super Bowl party.

Just sayin'.

Chicken Bacon Bites
Slightly Adapted from Paula Deen

4 chicken breasts, cut into large bite-sized cubes
1 lb. turkey bacon, cut into thirds
1 cup packed brown sugar
3 T chili powder

Wrap each turkey bacon piece around a piece of chicken and secure it with a toothpick.  Combine the brown sugar and the chili powder in a bowl.  Roll the chicken bites in the brown sugar mixture, coating them well, and line them in a 9x13 casserole dish or baking sheet.  Bake in a 350 degree oven for 35-40 minutes until chicken is done and bacon is crispy.  Serve hot or at room temperature.

No comments: