Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Chocolate-Dipped Peanut Butter Pretzels

I'm not sure what's wrong with me.


I mean, I made these a month ago (that was before Christmas.  Even though Christmas feels like it was at  least three months ago.), and I'm just now sharing them with you.


That's just wrong.  I made them for a party, so I didn't get to eat as many as I wanted to (i.e.: the whole batch), so I turned around and made them again.  Immediately.  Like, as soon as I got home.


It tastes like you scraped the peanut butter out of a Reese's cup, smashed it between two pretzels and dipped it in chocolate.


Yes please.


These little treats are representative of my life.  Imperfect and a little messy, but sweet and good.


So here were are in January.  And everyone and their brother decided to "go healthy" this year.  Boring.  Whatever. You see, I'm always healthy, as my recipes make clear.


I'm able to justify most things.  Especially things involving sweet and salt.  And peanut butter and pretzels.  And virtually anything involving chocolate.

Life's too short to skip dessert.

Chocolate-Dipped Peanut Butter Pretzels
You'll end up with roughly 50 sandwiches

1 cup peanut butter
1 1/2 T butter, at room temperature
3/4 cup powdered sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
Square pretzels (I used Snyder's brand)
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 bar paraffin wax

Mix together the peanut butter, butter and both sugars until well combined.  Make a ball of about 1 1/2 tsp peanut butter mixture and smash it gently between two pretzels.  Place on a sheet tray and refrigerate for about an hour.  Meanwhile, melt together the chocolate and the paraffin wax in a double boiler (just a heat-proof bowl over a pot of simmering water).  Dip half the pretzel sandwich into the chocolate and place it on parchment paper to cool.  Store in the refrigerator.

No comments: