Friday, June 7, 2013

Pithy's Top 7!

I thought it would be fun to look at my stats and share the TOP 7 RECIPES on this blog.

Chicken Teriyaki Sandwich
  • Chicken Teriyaki Sandwich.  By far the most popular recipe I have posted.  It's gone viral on Pinterest.  Inspired by my favorite sandwich at Penn Station Subs, I created this knock-off that may (?) just be better than what you order at the sub shop.  Tender chicken sauteed with onions and mushrooms in teriyaki sauce, topped with melted Swiss cheese on a warm toasted roll.  So good.  I need one now. 
  • Grilled Chicken Smothered with Peppers, Onions and Cheese.  Apparently y'all like chicken, onions and cheese as much as we do.  The top two recipes on my blog contain these ingredients and are Pithy's Kitchen originals.  This chicken is so tender and flavorful with the chili-lime marinade -- it's grilled until done, then topped with a mixture of sauteed onions and peppers (think fajitas) and buried under a pile of grated Monterey Jack cheese.  Stringy, melted cheese.  Top it with sour cream and salsa, and wrap it in a warm flour tortilla if you feel so led.  I'm putting this on menu for next week! 
Edamame Salad
  • Edamame Salad.  Who knew that a salad containing only five ingredients (six if you count the pepper) would be so popular???  It's fresh, crunchy, sweet, salty (feta, anyone?) and nutty.  I make this regularly.  My husband and kids love it.  Besides steaming the edamame, it's virtually no-cook.  Great served at room temp or chilled.  A summertime staple.
  • Ooey Gooey Butter Bars.  Anything with a name like that is sure to make the top seven.  Growing up, my mom made these bars all the time.  Such a quick and easy dessert.  What could be wrong with a cake mix crust topped with a sweet cream cheese filling and baked until just ooey and gooey?  Here's the catch: the way to ensure perfection is to remove them from the oven while they are still quite jiggly.  Gooey is the goal.
    Broccoli Slaw Salad
  • Broccoli Slaw Salad.  I could eat the entire recipe by myself.  Made with a bag of broccoli slaw (how easy is that?) and a mixture of toasted nuts and crispy noodles, tossed together with a sweet and tangy vinaigrette, it's perfect for a cookout or a weeknight side.  You could even add chicken and turn it into a main dish.  
    Bruschetta Chicken with Angel Hair Pasta
  • Bruschetta Chicken with Angel Hair Pasta.  Let's talk about this recipe.  It is summer in a bowl.  The bruschetta is the best I've ever had (it is inspired by the bruschetta I ate while white water rafting down the Middle Fork of the Salmon River in Idaho) and is good on anything you can find.  It is full of garden-fresh tomatoes, crumbly and salty feta cheese, fresh basil and tossed with a wonderful sundried tomato vinaigrette.  This fabulous bruschetta becomes the "sauce" for the angel hair pasta...top it with grilled chicken and and it just don't get no better than that.  Really.
    Honey Nut Graham Snack Mix
  • Honey Nut Graham Snack Mix.  I made this before a road trip a couple of years ago.  It's sweet and salty (one of my fave combos) with honey-roasted peanuts, pretzels, Golden Grahams (one of my favorite cereals to eat out of the box!) and M&M's.  Needless to say, it was long gone before we reached our destination.

No comments: