Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Oatmeal Scotchies

My great-grandmother made the very best oatmeal cookies.  Ev-ah.  My dad won't touch another type of oatmeal cookie.  They're my husband's faves too.  Only one of the many things they have in common.


They're just so moist and oatmeal-y and brown-sugary...the dough is maybe the best part?


Yes, we eat raw cookie dough at our house.  And raw brownie dough.  And raw cake batter.  Eggs don't scare me!


What a sad life to not eat unbaked dough and batter.  That's just a life I wouldn't want to life.


Anyway, I digress.  So this recipe is a variation of my Grandmama's Oatmeal Cookies.  If you've not made the original recipe, then get to it.  You can add raisins or chocolate chips to it.  But the originals just might be my fave.


So, because I love butterscotch, I turned her original recipe into these Oatmeal Scotchies.


And!  These are so easy to make - you don't even have to use a mixer.  You can, but it's not required.  They're very easy to stir together.


Too easy, in fact.


They were awesome.  So warm and gooey and butterscotch-y...


You've got to make these.


And that's all I have to say.

Oatmeal Scotchies

1 cup canola oil
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 cups flour
3 cups quick-cooking oats
12 oz. package butterscotch chips

No comments: