Saturday, May 11, 2013

Creamy Cilantro Dressing

THIS DRESSING IS SO GOOD!!!


I had to scream it.  It just is so good.

If you really are what you eat, I would be cilantro.


I could eat the stuff raw.  Whole.  Right off the stems.  Whatever.

There are people that say cilantro tastes like soap.  I don't eat a lot of soap, but there's nothing even remotely soapy about cilantro.  It's fresh and bright and clean and tastes like summer.


And this dressing is healthy!  It has Greek yogurt instead of mayo.  I know, you're impressed with my healthy choices these days.  Me too.

Apparently this dressing is similar to the bottled stuff from Trader Joe's.  I've never had TJ's dressing, and while I'm sure it's good, nothing beats fresh, homemade dressing.


I couldn't stop eating this stuff.  I ate it with a chopped salad (I'll show you that recipe soon because you need to make it).  I nearly ate the entire bowl by myself.  So delicious.

And I made some yummy wraps and dipped them in this dressing.  It was a really good decision.  I'll show you those wraps soon, too, because they were so good that I ate them at least three times last week.

Creamy Cilantro Dressing
Adapted from The Garden Grazer

1 bunch cilantro leaves (tear the stems off)
2 green onions, chopped in thirds
Juice of 2 limes
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
3 garlic cloves, smashed
1 tsp white wine vinegar
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (I used nonfat)
2 T honey

Place all ingredients in a food processor and process until combined and it is the consistency of salad dressing.  Store in the fridge.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what is the red item I see there

Elizabeth said...

The salad has red bell peppers & grape tomatoes. The salad recipe is Southwest Chopped Salad. Thanks for asking!