Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Southwest Chopped Salad

I showed you my new favorite dressing.


And now I'll show you the salad I ate it with.


I already confessed that I wanted to eat this entire bowl.

And now you'll know why.  Who wouldn't want to eat something this colorful.  Especially when it's served in a monogrammed bowl.


It was so fresh and flavorful.  And yes, we monogram everything in the South.  Even salad bowls.


It's almost summer, people!  I can't even wait.  Baby Bear has the cutest bathing suit.  I can't even stand it.  And I can't wait to take him and his sisters to the pool.


I hope you love this wonderful salad as much as I did.  And if you don't, have a cookie or five.  It'll make you feel better.

Tex-Mex Chopped Salad
Adapted from The Garden Grazer

15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
15 oz. can corn, drained
1 pint grape tomatoes, sliced in thirds lengthwise
1 orange or red bell pepper, chopped
1 bunch green onions (about 6-8 onions), chopped
1 small romaine heart, chopped finely
1 avocado, chopped
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp salt
Creamy Cilantro Dressing

Toss together the ingredients and combine with the dressing right before serving.

No comments: